My name is Warren Schultheis. I'm passionate about design, journalism, social anthropology, and contemporary art. Here are some things I'm proud of →
- Co-founder (and advisory board member) of Mission & State (formerly The Santa Barbara Journalism Initiative), a Knight-funded effort to fund independent, in-depth and explanatory journalism for the South Coast of Santa Barbara County.
- Co-founder and member of TSA LA, an artist-run art space in Downtown Los Angeles, CA
- Founder of City2.0rg . An early citizen journalism blog network & headline aggregation site/application started in 2007 (shuttered in 2012).
- Creator/curator SUPER SANTA BARBARA I, II, & III
For the past 3 years, I've organized/curated a series of issue-driven local art exhibitions focusing on the future of Santa Barbara. 2011's exhibition focused on Net Neutrality. 2013's exhibition, THINGS THAT TURN YOUR BRAINS TO MUSH at the Museum of Contemporary Art Santa Barbara, was on view April 14 - June 16, 2013.
- Contemporary Artist. Digital, painting & mixed media.
- Owner The Graphic Vendor. Paused freelance design studio, focusing on branding / identity & web design.