I am a multidisciplinary designer, collaborator and leader. I design and build beautiful products, better culture, and meaningful experiences.
I am passionate about contemporary art, social anthropology, storytelling, design, and journalism - and am always thrilled to discover new ways for them to overlap.
Things I do well
- Critical thinking and solutions design
- Building and nurturing good culture
- Storytelling and data tool creation
- Branding / brand development
- Website design & development
- Empathy / emotional intelligence
Projects & Factoids
Though I design for a living, I identify as a person who's done in a lot of random things. I'm an artist, curator, journalism geek, and history lover. Some of the things below are accomplishments I'm super proud of - others are just weird facts about me:
- Been to 18 countries, and 49 US states (damn you, Rhode Island)
- Fascinated by Cybernetics and Social Anthropology
- Life-long (obsessive) Talking Heads fan
- Die-hard sci-fi nerd (TNG, BSG, etc etc)
- Loves sardines. And donuts. Maybe even together?
- For 15 years, I surfed a waveski
- I'm on the Board of Directors for the Miller-McCune Center for Public Policy & Research, publisher of Pacific Standard Magazine